|Provider||Delivery Options||Special Offers|
£5 voucher off a £20 purchase
|More InfoView Rate|
Will refund the difference if you find a cheaper overall price.
|More InfoView Rate|
Compare travel money exchange rates and find the best exchange rate and offer that’s suits you and your family. Choose from picking up your travel money at the airport, store or choose for free home delivery and save buy ordering your travel money online to get the best exchange rates.
For many of us, going on a holiday abroad is something that we look forward to and save up for all year. It can take months to put aside enough money to take a trip overseas. There’s no doubt that you want to maximise your savings for your trip and avoid the unnecessarily high charges or commission rates that you can encounter at the airport or other options that are only available at the last-minute.
There are a host of good reasons why buying your travel money online in advance of your trip is the best option, but mainly it is the quickest, most cost-effective and hassle-free way of reviewing your travel money options and choosing the right one for you. Buying travel money online is as straightforward as any debit card transaction in the UK and the transaction in and of itself won’t incur any additional fees or charges.
Tourist exchange rates are constantly in flux, so shopping around for the best offer is important when you want to get the most out of your travel money money. The amount of foreign currency you get for your money, will depend on the exchange rate that is offered by the provider you choose. Generally, if the exchange rate is higher, you’ll get more foreign currency for your cash, however, if a company charges a high commission rate for the transaction of changing your currency, a proportion of your money will be deducted to pay for this. Some travel money companies offer 0% commission, but the exchange rate they offer can sometimes be lower. Other fees associated with your transaction can also affect the amount of foreign currency you will get for your travel money, such as handling charges and some companies even have a ‘minimum spend’ policy.
Searching for the right deal on your travel money is a time consuming process. There’s a lot to take into consideration when you’re deciding which currency provider to choose, and you don’t want to waste your annual leave trawling the internet for different currency exchange rates, or looking at the varying terms or rates from different p travel money providers. You just want the most important facts presented to you in a clear way so that you can make a decision and relax before your trip. You want to make sure you get the best travel money exchange rate without the worry that you might be making a payment online to a company whose services you haven’t used before.
• The process of buying your travel money online is going to be quick and hassle-free.
• That you can browse different travel money providers according to the type of trip you are going on, and get the best possible exchange rate for your trip.
• That you can pay for your travel money currency in a secure online environment.
• That you are being charged a low rate of commission for your holiday money.
• That you will receive your travel money quickly and securely in advance of your trip, from a secure collection point or by delivery to your home or work address, for example.
• That you can select the best possible payment option for your trip, be it foreign currency, a travel card carrying multiple currencies for a trip where you’re going to more than one destination, or a combination of the two.
Why should I use Bestmoneysaver to find the best travel money provider?
We’ve done all the hard work to discover the key factors you’ll need information on in advance of your trip. Bestmoneysaver have made it easy for you to review the best travel money exchange rates and spending options for your holiday money, allowing you to quickly search different online currency providers, so that you can get the most for your money when any exchange rates and service fees have been deducted.
Our compare travel money table will show the best all-round foreign currency travel money providers and the providers with the best euro exchange rate. We’ve taken into consideration the most important factors involved in getting the most for your money. For example, the exchange rate, the range of currencies offered, any 0% commission offers, and the variety of delivery options available.
We offer all the basic information you need to compare travel money and maximise your holiday spending money. Review your travel money options and order the best value currency online. You’ll be able to pay securely and have your currency delivered safely to your home or work address.
We’ve even negotiated special rates for Bestmoneysaver customers through some of our top travel money providers.
• A hand-picked selection of the best travel money foreign currency deals available online.
• A guarantee that you’re buying your travel money from a secure provider. We only promote trusted brands on our site, so rest assured your online payments will be secure, and your purchase will be delivered safely to your chosen address.
• Delivery options for your chosen travel money currency payment method and any associated discount offers and costs. Many companies will offer home delivery on travel money orders that are over a certain amount, however if you are ordering a smaller amount, you can often collect the currency you have ordered from a local branch.
• Details on whether to buy travel money, travellers cheques, or a pre-paid travel card, or a combination of the three. You will be able to browse the deals that providers are offering on each of these options and choose the best one for you.
• Any special offers. As well as offering low commission rates, many travel money companies offer additional incentives and benefits if you buy foreign currency from them, for example loyalty points, gift vouchers, special offers or free delivery for orders over a certain amount.
• Details on buybacks for any leftover travel money after your trip. If you’ve underspend on your trip and want to change your currency back into pounds sterling, you want to be assured that you’ll be able to do this without your money losing value through the buyback transaction. We’ll give you the key details on buybacks offered by our online providers, making sure that any commission rates are clearly stated.
Taking one method of travel money payments abroad might not be the right choice for you. You might be travelling for a long period of time, and be reluctant to take too much cash with you in case it gets lost or stolen. You may also be travelling between different countries and need to take a variety of different currencies with you.
The most commonly chosen options are now foreign cash currency and pre-paid travel cards, or a combination of the two. There are positives and negatives to all methods of spending abroad. It’s worth considering what the requirements are for your travel money on a specific trip.
It is likely that you’ll need foreign currency to pay for certain cash transactions whilst you are abroad, particularly for more inexpensive spends such as for example your taxi from the airport, drinks, tips and other smaller spends. Cash is also easier to steal than the other alternatives, so you may want to take a proportion of your travel money currency in cash, and the rest in another form, such as travellers cheques.
Pros: you’ll easily be able to pay for smaller purchases, and cash is accepted everywhere and you will inevitably need it at some time during your trip.
Cons: cash is easier to steal or lose, and if you are travelling between countries which use a variety of currencies, you will need to take several different currencies with you.
Pre-paid cards add an element of simplicity to your holiday spending. All you have to do is add credit to the card before you go (much like a pay-as-you-go mobile phone contract) and you can use them to make purchases abroad or withdraw cash from an ATM whilst you are away. If you are planning to travel between different countries, which use different currencies, you can make sure the card is topped up with each different currency in advance of your trip. Some even allow you to avoid expensive foreign currency exchange rates.
Pros: If your card was stolen you would only lose the amount of money on the card. You can budget effectively whilst you are on holiday and you’re less likely to overspend. You can usually use travel cards un the UK too, if there is any money left on it after your trip.
Cons: You might be charged a small fee when you use your card for a payment or at an ATM.
Travellers cheques are still a popular alternative for travel money to hard currency. They are pre-printed cheques for fixed amounts that you sign as soon as you receive them, then counter-sign upon paying for a purchase abroad. Many foreign businesses accept them and they can be used in many major international currencies.
Pros: they make budgeting during your trip a bit easier and they are secure, so your travel money is safe if the cheques are lost or stolen.
Cons: they are generally a bit more expensive as a holiday money option as the exchange rate can be lower, and there is generally a currency conversion fee when you use them.
We help you to compare rates on a variety of travel money formats from different providers, and discover which option best suits your personal needs for the type of trip you are taking. Bestmoneysaver simplifies your search, so that you can scroll through the range of rates and decide how you allocate your money either in one form or a combination of several to suit your needs. Our compare travel money table details which travel spending options each company offers and all the key details about what each option has to offer so that you can make the choice that is right for you.
We detail the travel money options that are available to you, so that you can decide the best form of travel money to take on your trip with you. Start your trip free of stress, hassle and worry and relax knowing that you’ve got the best deal available.
We’ve done that for you and believe we have selected the travel money best providers out there in the marketplace. This means that when it comes to your holiday planning, we can give you a head start, a chance to relax a little, look forward to your holidays and stop worrying about the fortunes of a particular currency. And if you feel that you’d like to learn more about buying currency, then consult out Best guide.
Having examined a vast number of companies and organisations who offer travel money, we believe we have honed down the list to a number of highly credible outlets. In our eyes, we consider certain areas of vital importance, including:
Check out who we recommend; it could save you a great deal of money in the long term.